February 14, 2017

The Aftermath

So now that I've finished posting about our Christmas trip (❤what?! It's Valentine's Day?!? Ha!❤) I'm going to try and catch up to current times just a little.  Although, it may not happen for a very long time.  Oh well.   

Once home and unloaded... with a lot of luggage.  It was time to enjoy the toys we didn't even let the boys open at Grandma's house.   Like Legos. 

 If they opened them before we got home, there is no way all pieces would make it home. 

Miles worked for over an hour and a half on this project.  It's a bigger more advanced set than he's had before so it was challenging.  He stuck with it to the end though...  and I didn't even take a photo. HA.

Owen tried out one of Miles' gifts.

And then his new bath toys...

Owen got gummy bears in his goodie bag from G'ma & Papa.  As we were unloading the van, I came across them and a little cup he'd gotten in a set from G'ma Debbie.  I quickly put some gummy bears in the cup to occupy him while we unloaded.  It worked great.  Only he brought me the little cup every little bit for days after that... wanting it filled with gummy bears!

Owen sported his new vest to church that Sunday.  We kind of like plaid, maybe?

We had a couple days before we started school again, which meant the boys caught up on some sleep.  Though I did discover Miles had been reading a book by flashlight when I thought he was sleeping.

On New Years Day, Miles took us all out for ice cream with a gift card.

One day I took the boys to the mall so I could return an item.  I didn't put Owen in a stroller, so he got to try out the escalator. 

I also sat him on this rides... without even putting money in so it would move.  He didn't know the difference and enjoyed himself anyway! πŸ˜‚

Owen has been spending a lot of time with his Cousin Photo Book...
 

It's helping him remember everyone!  When I told him with got this Beanie Boo to sent to Kyndall for her birthday, he got his book and set it beside her picture! 😍😍😍

Derek and I got Owen this track for Christmas.  Thought he'd have a lot of fun driving his cars on it, but it wouldn't stay together long enough to even find out.  It frustrated him.

A friend suggested putting duct tape on the underside of it...

It worked perfectly!!  Happy Owen = Happy Mommy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment