August 24, 2016

Farm Park in His Absence

While Derek was in Minnesota getting a warm welcome for training...

The boys and I met a friend at Farm Park.  If you're a long time reader, you might remember that Farm Park is free on Tuesdays.  You might also remember that they sell the animal food for $.50 and it comes in an ice cream cone to help cut down on litter, since the animals will eat the cone too.  You  might also remember that  few years ago, when we went for the first time, I forgot to explain to Miles that the cone I'd just handed him was food for the animals, not for him.  I cannot go to Farm Park and not laugh about how he handed it back to me explaining that he didn't like it because it "tasted like dog food"!!  Haha.  We always give Miles a hard time about it when he gets his cone.

Yum? :)

We waited a few minutes for our friends to show up.  Who, when I called the day before to see if they wanted to go, had already been planning to go!

We fed the ducks while we waited. 

And tried to teach Owen to say, "Quack". 

We also spotted a bullfrog.  A highlight of Miles' day!

Soon we headed off to see what else we could find.
Owen wasn't thrilled when I quickly wanted to take a photo. 

But he got over it when he saw the goats. 

And a bunny.

And more goats.

He wanted to push the stroller too.  Makes sense to bring a stroller and have the baby pushing it, right? 

We got acquainted with a pony. 

And went down the silo slide.

Checked out the stuffed chickens in the barn.

And played with the Little People barns...
because we only have one at home. ha.

We roamed the sidewalk chalk area, which is nice since it's completely fenced in.

And Emily was there, so I could be even less attentive. :)

My 'inattentiveness' could be why I didn't realize Miles had written the word, "Poop" on the barn wall! When I did spot this, I made him wipe it off with a baby wipe.  hashtag: BoyMom

Outside, Owen got up close and personal with a chicken.

But quickly backed away when it moved even closer. 

After that he kept a close eye on it from behind his brothers while they fed it.

And did you know there are rubber ducks at the farm?

And they splash!

Emily is one of the few people Owen will go away from me with...
Babysitter in training? 

Miles fed his cone to a sheep...  but I seriously think he snuck a bite or two of it first!

Miles would have stayed to look for frogs for hours longer.

But it was time to go.  Fun time at the Farm Park!

And like most fun days...  a nap was included. 

No comments:

Post a Comment