June 23, 2016

Sun in the Summer

Sorry to be repetitive in my post content...  but Owen really likes to splash in his baby pool.

And make funny faces at his brothers.  He's becoming quite the entertainer. 

Though he'd rather be doing it without his hat on. 

I like to sit and watch the big boys from a lawn chair.  This only happens when Owen is napping and I bring the baby monitor outside.  Because when everyone is out there, I don't get a chance to use my chair.

Have I mentioned that Owen is also becoming quite the climber?

He does still have a few issues maneuvering the lawn chair.

One day I let him just explore the yard.  He decided to check out the sandbox. 

And the slide. 

But decided to join the big guys back at the sandbox. 

With the recent heatwave, we haven't lasted long outside, if at all.  So we've been finding inside activities, like playing games.  I gave Owen his own deck of cards. 

Unfortunately, it didn't distract him from our game of "Go Fish" for very long.  He's also not distracted from snack time.  This event he's allowed to participate in though. 

We still prefer days we're able to be outside.

Even picnicking some days.

Or teaching Owen the art of catching fireflies as the sun goes down and the temps cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment