September 9, 2013

At the Cabins

The first morning at the cabins we woke up to turkeys right outside our window.

After greeting them and getting dressed, we headed over to the big cabin where Dale was busy cooking some bacon.

I enjoyed breakfast and coffee on the porch with my favorite person.

...because the teens had taken the toddlers for a walk to see the animals at the barn.

This is one of the many reason the toddlers love the teens.

I said previously that we all helped with the cooking.  Which we did.  But really what we did was all take turns helping Debbie do the cooking.  She was a cooking/baking machine! 

There were also games played.

And activites to entertain the littlest family members.


A few Grandpa snuggles.
...and a few photobombers!

Relaxing was the name of the game.

When not being entertained by grandparents, aunts, uncles or cousins, the youngest crowd played together really well.  Here, Cooper is trying to put Zella's hair tie back in for her...  he was unsuccessful.  :) 

This was also the day that some of spent about three hours zip lining through the tree tops of the Shawnee National Forest.  Don't forget this fact, because this event will get it's own post at a later date.

After dinner that night, we patiently waited for Grandma to decide to head to her own cabin for the night... then we pulled out the instruments.

Debbie had rewritten a SURPRISE song for Grandma to the tune of "Old Rattler"
and we wanted to practice before singing it to her the next night.

We suddenly became a family blue grass band.  Ha. 

This singing session also produced my favorite quote from the weekend.
Uncle Bruce to Megan:  "I know pretty much everything about music, basically."
I still laugh when I think about this little interaction.  Thanks, Uncle Bruce!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Bruce knows absolutely nothing about music!! That is his standard joke for all area where he is absolutely clueless!! I'm glad you think it's funny Amy. After 25 yrs of marriage I just kind of roll my eyes at those comments. :)

    Great pics - you know where they are headed? Mom's fridge! I'll send you an email.

    ReplyDelete