October 26, 2012

A Day at the Beach

When we planned our trip to Hawaii, I said all I wanted to do was sit at the beach.  We didn't do that as often as I'd have liked since there were things to see, but we did our fair share.  There are some lagoons within walking distance of Anna's house so they were nice for a quick little beach trip.

It was also an amazing spot to watch the sunset.

At one point I asked, "Where's Miles?" and he peeked his head out from the rocks.

The boys climbed around on them for a minute. 

Then I noticed the "Don't climb on the rocks" sign.  That was fun while it lasted. 

Another afternoon we went to a beach farther away.

We built sandcastles and a tunnel. 

It went all the way under the 'wall'.

Then we buried Cooper in the sand.

And jumped back in the water to rinse off.
(Poor Miles.  This is the day he didn't have a swim diaper on and his shorts sagged low enough that even with sunblock he got a sunburn on the white strip of skin... Oops!)

Miles also got a shot at the boogie board.

Once was enough for him though...  here is his "I did it" dance.

Then he was back to playing in the sand while Cooper rode the waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment