August 16, 2019

Independence in Iowa 2019 - The Fireworks

We headed back to town and settled on the ball diamond to wait for the fireworks to start.

Derek got himself real settled for a while :)

Owen joined him and pretended to be sleepy. 

So I grabbed the rest of my fam away from what they were doing.
Catching creatures of course...

And snapped this photo. 
💙💙💙

The boys played soccer with some friends they found while we waited for it to get dark.

And there was a live band.

Derek held Sawyer for a few minutes while they listened to the band.
It was probably only a few seconds, Sawyer isn't still for any longer.  Ever. haha!

We were also there for the raffle.  Dale buys a bunch of raffle tickets every year and generously puts everyone's names on them!!  I won some really nice camping chairs!!  Yay!  Thanks, Dale!

After a little rain, it was finally dark and the fireworks started.

I'm always impressed with the small town's display.

🎆 I probably say that every year, but I love fireworks!  🎇

No comments:

Post a Comment