November 16, 2018

Costume Prep 2018

Owen, as you know is my shopping buddy, and helped me prepare for Halloween this year. 

We didn't have trick-or-treaters in our quiet little out of the way neighborhood in Peoria.  But we wanted to be prepared to have them this year! 

Owen is dramatic, but yes, that is a big bag of candy.
(He wanted this bag simply for the Dots, I vetoed it)

We also did a lot of thrift store hopping trying to find pieces for costumes.

I'm still regretting not purchasing this ET statue... 

Owen knows how to thrift shop.  Notice the bag of Dots?  I let him get those rather than a whole bag of candy we didn't need.

Owen also likes to scope out the toy section at any thrift store.

Eventually we found all the right things and it was time to put it all together!

This might have meant I neglected things I should have been doing, to do things I would rather do.  Insert: Dishes.  

But we got them done!

1)

2)

3)

We went to a Trunk-or-Treat the Sunday before, so we had a trial costume run.

We took a lot of photos... but I'm sure this doesn't surprise you. 

Cooper was Raptor from the video game Fortnite.


Miles was the YouTube creature catcher, Coyote Peterson.

We took so many photos of him. Ha.

We wanted to post them to Coyote's Brave Wilderness Instagram and be entered to win his new book.
(We entered, we didn't win)

But got reposted.. twice!


Owen was a McDonalds employee.
(Or an SNL cast member portraying one, you pick.)
I had him practice saying, "Would you like fries with that?" for a week before hand, then I forgot to get it on video while wearing his costume!

We had fun with this!  I love making costumes.  Maybe too much.

1 comment: