August 22, 2018

2018 AudioFeed Fest: The Last Night

The last night of AudioFeed was filled with fun!  We headed over to the main stage to see Project 86.
  
Derek had seen them a couple times pre-family, so it was fun for him to reminisce. :)

Marshall and Knox joined us there while Ashley and Levi caught another show.

Derek took the boys up to the front by the stage for a more personal experience! 

While I took Owen off to the side to chase lightning bugs.

(He caught one!)

We went to another tent for a while so we could check out Jeremiah Dirt.

The boys busted a few moves...
This post contains a ton lot of videos from my YouTube channel.  If you're not able to play them in your browser, but would like to see them, you can go to my YouTube page and watch them there:
https://www.youtube.com/user/amymleynek

Then headed back over to catch Flatfoot56, who announce a theme for their AudioFeed concert on their facebook page just before the festival every year.  This year's theme was: Pastapocolypse 
The band dressed as chefs or literally wore pasta.

All sorts of fun ensued... including a Braveheart type pasta battle!
I grabbed this video from their facebook page to show what was happening:


Because from my view at the back of the line, it wasn't very clear. haha.  Derek picked up Cooper and Miles and charged the line with everyone.  They had handfuls of pasta I'd reached up and grabbed as the bucket was passed around.

Then the pasta flew!

For a while!  Our clothes, hair and bottom of our shoes left with quite a pasta residue that night!


I was toward the back of the crowd again when the lead vocalist said he wanted it to be a memorable night for some kids, lets get some first time crowd surfers up here.   Miles asked immediately to try it!  I didn't think Derek was serious about letting him, but headed right for the stage!


I couldn't see any of it happening, but headed over to the slip-n-slide thinking that's where I'd find my boys.

Nope.  They were hooked on crowd surfing!  Miles went for it a second time.


Then he helped Levi get up there and try it!  Along with another round for Miles, of course.


And then one more for all three!  The crowd was so great with the kids, they were gentle and would look to find a parent before just letting kids to the ground.  My boys loved every second of it.  Ashley and I finally caught a glimpse of Levi about to go and when I pointed him out she started jumping up and down with excitement! :)  Pretty sure it's the most expressive I've ever seen my quiet friend! (other than when she's rocking vocals for xPPx!)  It was great.

We were all loaded up and ready to hit the road after the concert.  One last trip to the restroom... where I saw someone had placed a xPPx sticker.  We left our mark on AudioFeed 2018!

And it left it's mark on us. 
(and some pasta)

No comments:

Post a Comment