June 28, 2017

Hummingbird Hunting

Our neighbor has a hummingbird feeder.  My boys love to watch for the tiny little birds to come around and are always thrilled with a sighting.  

At some point they've been told that you can be close to hummingbirds if you wear sunglasses.  Something about them not seeing your eyes, thinking you're one of them... 😂  These guys grabbed their glasses and gave it a go.

Meanwhile, Owen and I played with bubbles.

Owen soon decided he wanted to watch for hummingbirds too, so he was required to put on his shades if he wanted to participate.

So was I.  The boys decided maybe I shouldn't be in the yard if I wasn't wearing any... so I grabbed a pair of Derek's that were nearby and that seemed acceptable to them. :)

They even let me sneak over and take this photo.  What would have been amazing was if a hummingbird thought I was 'one of them' and came for a drink right then.  That's not what happened.  ha.

Owen didn't last all that long, hummingbird 'hunting' or wearing shades.

Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment