July 14, 2014

Birthday Boy

Our first whole day in Wichita was Derek's Birthday.  He spent most of the afternoon relaxing at his parent's house (escaping the 'small' playdate at my parent's house).

Then he came back and we headed to the pool for just a while.

 After a grilled steak dinner at my parent's, we quickly got ready and went to Derek's sister, Mikiah's, CYT (Christian Youth Theater) program ending her week of camp.

It was lively and fun to watch.

Unless you're three years old and participated in a 'small' playdate and swimming all day.

The rest of us really enjoyed it though.  Great job, Mik!

Next we all headed back to my parent's house where they were getting cake ready.

We lit candles and sang Happy Birthday.
 

Derek blew the candles out without catching his beard on fire.  Success.

We spent some time hanging out with both families.

And Derek opened a few gifts.

And enjoyed his cake and ice cream.

Soon Cooper caught his first firefly of the season. 
He'd been excitedly anticipating this event!

I also snapped this photo that night while I was testing camera settings. My sister, Mandy, is due with a baby girl in August.  And it wasn't public yet, but is now, that my sister-in-law, Candice, is also pregnant... due in January!

Congratulations to Drew & Candice!  We're very excited!
(Their announcement)

In closing:
Happy (late) Birthday to my favorite person, best friend and love of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment