April 4, 2014

CrossPoint Ladies Night

Six days after Miles' surgery, when I was weary, worn and probably had liquid tylenol or mac-n-cheese in my hair...  our church had a ladies night planned.   I was tired and didn't think I would go, but Derek insisted I take some 'me time' and get out of the house.  So I headed to "The Art Garage".

 Were other ladies from church were also arriving... with snacks!

Then we all found a seat and started our art as we snacked.



We did a 'mixed media' version of Van Gogh's Starry Night

Mixed media meant we used different art methods.  We used oil pastel crayons for the cyprus tree, mountains and ground, we used paint for the sky and scrapbook paper for the village.  Here is how mine turned out. 

Even better than my art was that it was a nice relaxing evening with other ladies.
And a break from the mac making and tylenol doses.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment