March 4, 2013

Fresh Coat & Cookies


We woke up to beautiful snow falling this morning.

It gave us a new fresh coat of the white stuff.
I'm rather enjoying it.

It puts me in the mood to bake though.

I have always used my Mom's 'famous' chocolate chip cookie recipe with rave results.  But a while back my sister sent me this recipe and said that even though it feels like treason, I should try them.  And she was right... although it feels wrong.  :)   They're amazing.

These guys agree.

And we like to wash them down with some milk.

They freeze better than the old recipe too and come out moist and wonderful.
....if there are any left to freeze!

The recipe says to refrigerate the dough overnight.
The last couple times I didn't and liked the texture of the cookies better this way.

If you do use cold dough the cookies turn out a little chubbier though.

Both results are chewy and delicious and perfect with milk (or coffee) on a snowy day!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to get that new recipe. I just use the one on the choco chips package and they are always so flat!! Can you email it to me? Thanks! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm!! They look delicious. I may have to give that recipe a try :) Glad ya'll are enjoying the snow!!

    ReplyDelete