January 14, 2013

New Year *Husker Game* Day

My boys woke up on January 1st and enjoyed Grandpa Dale's first fire of the new year.

Then after their bath, Grandma Debbie read to them while I got ready.

I was in the other room and heard her read this page.
I came flying out to see for myself... because all of my life I thought my Grandpa Bauer made up this little saying and here it was in a book.  Ha.  You're found out, Grandpa!  (I've always said this phrase so even Derek knows it.)

Then we headed over to my parents house where Cooper borrowed a HUSKER shirt.

And we watched the Huskers play in a bowl game.
(they lost)

Some other games were going on too.

I played a 'little' game of cards with Cooper.

Candice wore team colors.... for Oklahoma!
So she let me wear her Husker sweatshirt.  How nice of her.

Cooper and Ethan bundled up and went outside for a while.

They had fun traipsing around the yard and throwing snowballs at each other.
...oh, and trying to ice skate on Papa's fishpond.

So they came in to warm up over some hot chocolate.  Which Cooper quickly traded in for hot tea.  You know the drill.  You can also tell we had a good spread of snack food true to a good game day. Mmm.

There were a few other random things, like Mile putting on Dad's reading glasses and saying, "I look just like Papa!".

And a little iPad play.

And a game of Pop the Pig before we headed back to Grandma Debbie's for bed.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment