December 5, 2012

Why You Should Always Listen to Your Mom...

My Mom is a very smart women, so I don't usually listen to her advice and intentionally disregard it.  In this case, when my Mom found out our Christmas decor was in Wichita, she told me to get ahold of Valerie, our friend in Wichita whose parents live in Peoria, and find out if anyone would be coming or going anytime soon.  I told her I didn't think it was worth much hassle though and went on about my task of finding decor at Dollar Tree to 'get us by'.  Then my Mom text me from church the next day... the "Peoria Parents" were in Wichita!  We quickly set up a ride for our decor to come back to Peoria with them.  Should have listened to my Mom.  :)

The next week I got a text that said, "Ho Ho Ho." and heard a car honk.  We went out on the balcony and there were 'faux' grandma's Jill and Pam (Valerie's Mom and Stepmom) with our decorations!

Cooper saw them and yelled, "They have my Christmas Tree!" and flew down the stairs to retrieve it!

Then this happened immediately.

It was evening so I made them wait until the next day to actually dig into the rest.

This little tree was ready for decorating as soon as the boys were dressed. 

They went to work.

I didn't help them so it actually took them most of the day.  They're easily distracted.

We found some "window sticky things" I'd purchased on clearance after Christmas last year.

This was fun and entertained the boys for a long time.  I quickly realized Miles has inherited Derek's OCD.  He put everything up in a straight line.

Cooper is more like me.  :) 

By bed time this tree looked a bit disheveled amazing!
Happy Boys!

Thank you, Jill & Gordon for transporting our decorations!
And to Jill and Pam for delivering them to us... you're heros in our book!

(Most of my decor is going to be left in boxes I fear.
...there is no room in this inn for all my little snowmen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment