December 4, 2012

Where Are You Christmas?

Cooper asked and asked for his little Christmas Tree to decorate and put in his room.  So Derek went out to our storage to bring it inside.  The boys waited anxiously inside the door.

That was when we made a very disappointing discovery.  We didn't have any of our Christmas decorations here in Peoria.  I don't know what I was thinking in the move, but I sent it all to my sister's basement for storage... in Kansas.  And I forgot I did that, I just assumed they were here. Cooper was distraught to say the least.  Poor guy.

So we hit up the local Dollar Tree store to see what we could find to get us by.
Cooper thought this was a great new stocking.

Once I talked him out of it (and he picked out a reindeer stocking instead) we found quite a few things and didn't spend much at all.

We found our tree stand, so I grabbed a few things to put on a live tree.

My boy with a much happier face!

We even found a little tinsel tree for the boy's room.

It's not their tree from Grandma Debbie but they plugged it in and it worked.

Christmas is not cancelled after all.

And then we had another surprise.  Next post: "Why you should always listen to your Mom and take her advice no matter how old you are or if you think you know it all.".

No comments:

Post a Comment