May 28, 2009

Weekend of Landscaping


First things first, Derek had to pull the last stump out of the area we've been working on.
He drove the Durango right up into the yard, hooked a chain on it and pulled it right out!


It's been a long time coming, Mr Stump! You've finally been defeated!



Derek spent all day Saturday working out there... Cooper and I helped more on Sunday.
Cooper found ways to keep occupied. He put rocks in his dump truck:



But mostly just played in the dirt! Really we were all playing in the dirt... and filthy!



One blessing is that we had some landscaping stones in the back yard from
the old pool deck the previous owner had built.
But carrying them from the back to the front was no easy task!
Derek could manage about SIX!


Really ~ ONE was my limit:


So I figured I would make half the amount or trips and Cooper and I
found another use for the jogging stroller I scored off craigslist for $25.

Please excuse my nastiness. It was the weekend... and we'd already used the jogging stroller for it's
intended purpose that morning. And who looks good to do yard work? :)



This is a picture of the house right before we bought it.
It's the best I could come up with for a "Before". Oops!



During the process:


The landscaping rocks are in.


This weekend we're planning on doing some prep work and maybe even get some plants in!
It's very exciting!! :)



Thanks for working so hard on the project, Derek! You're our hero!



9 comments:

  1. It is looking so great! What a lot of work. I think that is a great use of the jogger! Can't wait to see it with plants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks GREAT! LOTS of hard work-good job, all of you!

    (PS-I don't think you could never look bad, even after jogging & doing yard work!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive job, Derek, Amy, and Cooper!! What a fun family memory and a great improvement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking great so far! Can't wait to see it with plants in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Did you get on the roof to take the first picture? That's a dedicated blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, no! it's from the front porch, Karma. ...even I have my limits!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are working on that very same thing; what a process. But I have been patient for over 2 years--REALLY hoping the plants get in today but that may not happen.

    ReplyDelete