November 21, 2008

Book Boy

Cooper has been really into books lately.
He takes all his books out of the basket and the looks through them.

::::Side Note: I think Cooper is going through a growth spurt.
He's outgrowing all his clothes and most of his sleeves are too short::::


Anyway...back to books. This is one of Derek's childhood favorites: "Are You My Mother?"


Here he is making the kissy (kitty calling) sound.

Because there is a kitty on his book, of course!

Reading with Daddy last night.

9 comments:

  1. So cute...I loved this age wit the kids. They are so happy to just sit & look at books. Megan used to do this every day too. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW could the child get any cuter? So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pictures of Daddy's reading to their kids. Count yourself blessed, Amy! You've got a couple of keepers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Poky Little Puppy book is way to long for a kids book. Cooper and I were both bored by the 3rd page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Derek - you have to learn to summarize!! They don't figure it out until they are older.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Pokey Puppy is a long one Derek. Now you know, check the inside before you agree to read it to him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love Are You My Mother too!!
    And Derek, when the boys were little they would always bring him this Little People book to have him read it to them. He liked to make up silly rhymes as he went along (NOT reading the actual words). Then one day I read them the REAL words and they told me "Mommy, that's not what it says"!!!!! So what counts is the fun you have while reading it! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Derek could talk at a very young age and one day he was babysat by my cousin, Kyla. He walked all around her house saying, "I want my mother". Kyla couldn't believe he was saying it, but we knew it was because of the book. That book has been special since then!!

    ReplyDelete