January 30, 2008

Week 39


Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.


As some of you already know, my Grandma Secor is very sick. She has been in and out of the hospital since just before Thanksgiving. She is not doing well and the doctors have done everything they can for her. She had cancer thirteen years ago and is now in congestive heart failure and her kidneys are shutting down.
She will be moved home on Friday to let things naturally take their course. Please pray with us that our baby is born soon so that we'll be able to travel, either to visit Grandma or to attend her funeral, when needed. (Grandma & Grandpa live in Lincoln, NE)
We have God's peace in this situation and are trusting his timing.
My sister, Angie, sent me these Bible verses yesterday and I've been clinging to them:

Psalm 139:16 "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Jeremiah 29:11
"I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." (The Message)

5 comments:

  1. ((Big hug))

    Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be praying about the situation with your Grandma. Even in the midst of sadness, babies bring such joy and remind us of God's amazing gift of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, and your family, and your little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psalms 121 has given me such peace lately! Read and know that you are covered in prayer!

    ReplyDelete