November 21, 2007

Week 29

Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about half a pound
more than he did last week (about 2 1/2 pounds total) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain — which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.



My Note:
We had a Doctors appointment this morning. Everything looks great... my blood pressure, the baby's heart rate etc. They drew blood and gave me my rhogam shot...which I hardly felt! I think I was expecting it to be terrible from what others had told me, so it wasn't as bad as I thought...just stung a little.
Our Doctor said it feels like the baby's is head down... which would explain the tiny feet and baby hiney I've been feeling in my ribs! We go back in another three weeks, then two weeks and then we'll go every week after that. Can I be that far along?!? Wow... can't wait to meet the little person that's been in there all this time, but it's kind of sneaking up on me! Ask me if I still feel that way in a month or so :)

...I think I'm nesting. :) I have had the urge to clean, organize, buy baby items and get the baby's room ready...we've been painting! Look for pictures of that soon!

Derek and I will be home together on Thanksgiving. We'll leave for Iowa the next day to celebrate Thanksgiving/Christmas with his extended family.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. You're in the big 10 week countdown! How exciting! The holidays help it to fly by, huh?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Amy, you just look so cute! Sounds like great news, and the holidays do help time to pass more quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nesting, huh? That was one of my favorite parts of the girls' pregnancies! I got so much done and really felt they would be here soon! You look great! Enjoy the last few months!

    ReplyDelete