October 10, 2007

Week 23


Your baby is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound. (About the size of an eggplant) He may be able to feel your movements now, so put on some tunes and dance around the house. No matter what race your baby is, he looks red now due to blood vessels showing through his transparent skin. His true skin tone will develop over the course of his first year. Blood vessels in your baby's lungs are developing to prepare him for breathing, but complete lung development will take many more months. The lungs are the last organ to fully develop.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I've said it before, but this is a VERY active baby! :) It makes me smile every time I feel it move.(And that's pretty often!) It makes me giggle when it really gets going and I look down and see my belly wobbling back and forth!
It also makes me giggle to look at my belly button these days... or lack there of! It's slowly gotten more and more "shallow" (And smaller and smaller) over the last few months and is now starting to turn inside out. Sometimes I look at myself and wonder if that's really my body. What a fun transformation!

3 comments:

  1. Your belly button is like a turkey timer. When you have such an outie that it shows through your clothes, the baby is done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute...still. I hope you feel as beautiful as you look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasey always told me the same thing about the belly button being a turkey timer. Being a farmer, he also compared much of my pregnancy to that of a cow's gestation. We laughed a lot during those nine months!

    ReplyDelete