October 9, 2007

Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go!

"Baby, oh, baby, the places you'll go! The worlds you will visit! The friends you will know!"

This book titled "Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go" was recently recommended to me. I'm a huge fan of Dr Seuss...so couldn't resist this one! It's designed to read out loud to your baby in utero. It is adapted from other Dr Seuss books and has excerpts from many of his books. It goes through all the fun things waiting for the baby once it's born...Seuss-like things of course:

"A boy with his yo-yo (the youngest McCave) and his 22 brothers, who are all named Dave."

"Soon you will meet a young man, Sam-I-Am, and get your first taste of his green eggs and ham."

"And a worm who can see all the way to Japan, which is quite a bit farther than anyone can."

It's a fun book, and my very favorite is the last page:

"So now, as my voice
burple-urps in your ear--
with a bump-thumpy sound
that is not very clear--
the words I am saying
you hear in your heart,
and know that I wish you
the very best start.

It's a scrumptulous world
and it's ready to greet you.
And as for myself...

well...
I can't wait to meet you!"

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that book. I love it! That last page is so sweet. It brings tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Seuss books were my favorite to read to my kids! This must be a very new book, (or I'm a really old mom!) it sounds really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! You made my day. You obviously are doing great and looking great too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete