February 11, 2007

Road Trip:

We’re taking a road trip! We left Friday night (Feb. 9th) after work and got to Arizona on Saturday afternoon. Derek’s grandparents spend the winters down here so we’re visiting until Thursday and then we’ll go out to California to visit some friends for a few days.




We took Peahi with us as far as Wichita…she’s staying with Derek’s family while we’re gone.



The scenery was beautiful along the way:


After driving all night, it was nice to take showers and relax. Grandpa grilled steaks for dinner…yum!


We’re having a good time and have been busy already~

Morning bike ride:




Afternoon hike:





This is all new for me since I’ve never been further west than Colorado. And I’ve decided I really like driving out of winter and into summer! ☺ The temperature is in the 80’s down here!

We’ll be posting more soon!

Amy

3 comments:

  1. oooh, no fair-capris & a short sleeved shirt!!! Looks like FUN and I'm jealous! Have a great time and enjoy the nice weather for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! Do his grandparents have a house or a motor-home/trailer?
    I'll have to show the boys the pictures of you with the catus, they'll love it! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having a great time. Enjoy some time off! I love road trips.

    ReplyDelete