April 27, 2017

Easter Sunday

We went to church, like every Sunday, on Easter Sunday. Easter is always filled with so much excitement!  Every Sunday is a celebration of what Jesus did for us, but we enjoy the special emphasis of God raising Jesus from the grave on Easter every year. I didn't grow up getting Easter baskets, and it's a foreign concept to me.  We have fun with eggs and bunnies, but they hold no significance to the empty cross that we celebrate on that day!  Hallelujah, Christ is risen!! That is the message I want to take hold in my boys' hearts. 

I did grab chocolate bunnies for each of the boys.

It was their Sunday dessert.

And Owen's first chocolate rabbit.

He liked it!

After Owen's nap, I took the boys outside to find the eggs I'd hidden around the yard.

They didn't waste any time when I said, "Go!"!

Miles helped teach Owen how it works.

But Owen just wanted to eat the candy and put the egg remnants in his bucket.

He picked one up...

And immediately used it as a shovel in the sandbox. 😂

Then Miles spilled his whole bucket and got to 'find' them again.

Owen must have dumped any eggs he did have...
Because I turned to see him like this!

Then he walked around like that looking for Daddy!! 

Happy Easter! 😊

1 comment: