May 15, 2015

Mother's Day

We had to be out the door early on Mother's Day, but the boys woke up and immediately wished me Happy Mother's Day and gave me my gift.

A pink fishing pole!  I've been wanting one for a long time.  I don't remember if I've ever actually had my very own fishing pole! 

Derek grilled venison back-straps wrapped in bacon after church.  Mmmmm...

Then HE did the dishes!

Later, we ran some errands and stopped at Starbucks for a treat.

We're starting a bathroom facelift project and needed supplies.

Miles and I found a place to relax while Derek decided what would be purchased.

We went back home for a while where I had a quick nap. (Derek is nice, there is no photo documentation of that!) Then we decided to make our first trip to Lou's Drive-In of the season.

The weather started out fine, but it poured crazy rain while we sat and ate...
thankfully under the awning.

We saw a dog eating ice cream too.  The boys thought this was hilarious. 

Then we enjoyed greasy, drive-in food.  I'd been wanting fries and a shake and that's just what my dinner consisted of.  Miles had a cheeseburger with ketchup and an extra side of ketchup.

And when at Lou's it's a must to have their homemade root beer.

The (teeny tiny) kid root beer is free!

And they're so cute!

It was a great day full of fun little treats.  Thanks to all my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment