April 28, 2014

Good Friday

Our church has an annual Good Friday service.  None of the churches I grew up attending had Good Friday services and I've found I enjoy them.  Not because they're 'fun', but because it's a good opportunity to reflect on the sacrifice Jesus made for us in His death.  Easter is a wonderful time of celebration and I feel this Friday service gives time to feel the impact of Christ's suffering before enjoying His defeat over death on Sunday.

...Miles fell asleep in the car on the way and slept the whole service away beside Derek, who was working the sound booth.

There is a little ice cream shop near our church called the "Twisty Treat".  It's only open during the warm months and it reopened recently causing the boys to beg to stop there every time we drive to/from church.  So we decided to stop after the Good Friday Service for a treat.

It was pretty chilly that night, so Miles and I waited in the car while Cooper went with Derek to order.  There was a bit of a line and Miles got worried it was taking them so long.  He finally asked me, "Do you think they're eating all the ice cream?"!  I assured him they weren't and shortly Derek showed up with Miles' promised treat.

...a kid cone with eyes.  The reason the Twisty Treat is so fun.

Cooper got one too.

And Derek and I shared a shake.
...and he didn't even drink it all before he came back to the car.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment