January 18, 2013

Demonstration


My Grandpa Secor is missing most of his left index finger.  He lost it in a machine at the factory he was working at while he put himself through college.  I remember asking him questions about it when I was little and I have a memory of him drawing the machine on a napkin at a restaurant and explaining to us kids how it happened.

Cooper started asking some questions wondering how G'pa's finger got cut off.  So while I gave Cooper a haircut, G'pa gave Cooper a demonstration.  He got an empty toilet paper roll and my neck duster to help describe how he was working a machine that pressed a copper pipe to make it fit into another pipe.  His job was to put the pipe under the press and he wasn't fast enough once...  and it got his finger too.  (OUCH!)

Cooper was satisfied with this information.  And when Grandpa was finished,
he said it was the best demonstration of the event he'd ever given.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment