November 26, 2012

The Ceremony

Before the wedding ceremony, we went into the bride's room with the female family and friends to pray over the bride.  Jaedyn spent some time getting a little touch up from a bridesmaid... Jaedyn loved being treated as the diva that she is for the day.

And while I was doing that, Derek was picking out pants to wear to the wedding. He sent me this picture.  Thankfully my parents live just minutes from a Kohl's store! He bought these and made it to the wedding, just in the knick of time.

I wish I'd have known we needed to purchase pants when I was at Kohl's the night before, that's when I picked up a tie for Dad to wear to the wedding...  we really should get our attire figured out in a more timely manor!  No matter, these two looked smashing.

We all found our seats...
And then it was time for the mothers to light the candles.

And in came the groom.

Soon after he was watching his bride walk down the aisle.
First glimpse of her that day!

And....go time!

It was a really nice ceremony and they were so cute.

Speaking of cute... Jaedyn was an adorable flower girl.

I can't believe it, but we forgot our good camera at Mom's house.  We have some pictures thanks to phones, iPads and me stealing photos from my cousin and a friend.  (Thanks Alyssa and Shelley!)

So...excuse the low quality, but I LOVE this.... 
Drew and Candice waited for their first kiss until this moment.  It was precious. 

Husband and wife.

Mr and Mrs!

And with that, my baby brother is a married man.

And my husband was there...  wearing pants.

And just a little on how my Mother-in-law saved the day:
When Miles was napping and Cooper still not feeling well about an hour before the wedding, we called Debbie who came rushing over to my Mom's house.  She stayed with the boys while I headed to the wedding and Derek went in search of pants.  Then she dressed my boys and brought them to the wedding for the very end and to get into the family picture. THANK YOU, Debbie!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these!! It helps those of us who couldn't come, enjoy it anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that picture of Jaedyn! I wondered where your boys were!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Amy. Congrats to your brother & Candice!!

    I had to giggle at your story about missing pants and barf bags. You're good at looking at the humorous side of life :) I'm glad Derek was able to wear pants!! And Debbie to the rescue doesn't surprise me at all!!

    ReplyDelete