October 31, 2012

A Little Help from Cooper and Miles

My sister Anna and her hubby Jared kept our boys while we enjoyed our weekend on Kauai.  During that time Cooper came down with an upper respiratory infection.  Poor guy... and poor Anna.  Sicky kids is no fun. 

In fact, they ended up at the doctors office for a breathing treatment.

So there was a lot of laying around during their weekend.

Anna did a great job caring for my boys.  I'm positive she missed quite a bit of sleep, but she did all the right things including making sure they brushed their teeth.

And giving baths when there are messes that diapers can't contain...  sorry, Anna!

They did fit in a lot of fun too!!  So for the rest of this post I'm having Cooper and Miles help me out.  They're going to help explain the pictures, since I wasn't there.  And much thanks to Jared for indulging me and taking so many pictures of what they were doing in my absence!

They went by the Dole Plantation and got this pineapple float.
Cooper: We drank that and I didn't like it.  I tried to tell Uncle Jared that I didn't like it.  But I like it as a piggy bank now. (The container has a slot to put money in and use as a bank)

Cooper:  We went to eat there again.  Where we went with Trey. 
Miles: I see Cheetos.

Cooper:  That's my net Uncle Jared got me.  I'm trying to catch little fish, I caught one!  It was a hopping fishy.

Cooper: Aunt Anna helped me make a sand castle.
(Looks to me like Cooper is just supervising!)

Cooper: There's sand on Miles. (Who was trying to nap at the beach)
Miles: I see my binky!

Cooper: That's the museum!

Cooper: I was playing the song with sticks.

Cooper: That's a big whale hanging up there!  His eye is glowing.

Cooper: I'm riding on a duck. But it's not real, it's made of glass or plastic.
Miles: I see my binky!

Cooper: When we looked through those glasses it looks like we're in there. We saw Nemo and Dori.
Miles: Dori pooped!  (and then both boys erupt in laughter)

Cooper: That's how we get to the lava show, all those glow!  My shirt glowed in the dark!
Miles: I see my binky!

Cooper:  That's when she was pouring real lava!

Cooper: That's me steering that submarine right there. It's looking at me!

Cooper: We were in a lava slide, but it didn't have lava inside.
Miles: I see my binky!

Cooper: Uncle Jared dressed Miles as a spider. 

Cooper: Uncle Jared was eating me!

Cooper: That's us running around.

Cooper: That's the bone side of the whale.  I love Aunt Anna.

Thanks again, Anna & Jared!  We appreciate you keeping our boys so much!!

3 comments:

  1. This is a sweet post. It looks like they had a lot of fun inspite of the trauma :) Uncle Jared & Aunt Anna are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyss told me to go look at this post... I forget to look because of instagram. So cute, and funny! Any chance Miles needs a 12 step program for his binky? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I loved their commentary - it's spot on! We had fun with them!

    Every once in awhile Jared and I will turn on some Miles speak just to reminisce... like "look AT me guys, look AT me!" or "I need that" or, Jared's favorite "hold me hold me!" (in the pool)!

    ReplyDelete