January 17, 2012

Comfort Items

We needed this combination at our house last week.
Yep... hit by a stomach bug.  Ick.

Miles was up sick in the night and then laid around a lot the next day.

These are his comfort items that help him feel better.
So, I let him break the new rule and have them out of his bed.

When I had to put his blue blankie in the laundry during the night,
I gave him a different one to sleep with.  And even after his was clean, 
he wanted to carry both of them around the house.

And when he didn't have two blankets, it was two binkies...

This is where the 'other' blanket usually belongs.

And when Miles blankie is in his bed, he'll settle for this one since he can reach it.
He can also sometimes squeeze his little arm through the crib bars and get his pacifier out.
...and that means I walk into his room and find this:

This boy loves his blankie.  And his pacifier.
And I'm honestly not too worried about taking either from him very soon.

I guess.

2 comments: