July 1, 2008

Say hello to my little friend...

Derek has been working hard to try and tear out an old deck where the previous owners had a hot tub. (I thought we should have just gotten a hot tub, but that's beside the point!)



He was pulling up boards when he saw something suspicious.


It's hard to see, but can you make out those beady little eyes?!?


It was a possum... playing dead in there! Possums playing dead are still gross and scary.


Derek kept working for a while and then shooed it away with a stick... He's my hero. Although I did have to talk him out of just hitting it over the head with his hammer.

(I took the last picture from INSIDE the sliding door!)

Cooper was inside just playing cute. We haven't taught him to play dead yet. :)



He's learning to sit up!

"Can I do it, Dad?"


"I can!"


"Piece of cake"

9 comments:

  1. Loved this post! Maybe by the time Cooper's here he'll be ready to follow his cousins around!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - on the hot tub and the possum! This post cracked me up! Cooper is too cute sitting all on his own - they change so fast, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooper is so adorable sitting up! He is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Possums are nasty vicious little varmits! My vote would have been to hit it with the hammer too!!

    Cooper is a doll. Crawling will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I have goosebumps. I dislike possums...strongly.

    Cooper looks like a professional at "playing cute" and sitting up! What a face, I want to smooch those cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Possums are yuck!
    Cooper is cute as ever and so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe he sits up already. I'll bet it's a great view! WOW on the possum, I would have freaked out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes you can whack those nasty varmits right on the head and think "good, got him" come back with a shovel and the beady-eyed rascal is gone! Voice of experience!

    Just wait till Cooper does learn to play dead! K #1 did that to me one day - I just about had a heart attack until I heard K #2 laughing behind the sofa! Now its a game!

    ReplyDelete