September 19, 2007

Week 20 ~ Halfway!!



Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom, (about the size of a large coconut) and about 10 inches from head to heel. (For the first 20 weeks, we use measurements taken from the top of the baby's head to her bottom — known as the "crown to rump" measurement. After that, we use measurements from head to toe. This is because a baby's legs are curled up against her torso during the first half of pregnancy and are very hard to measure.)

Amy's Note - As the baby is getting bigger I can feel much more... I still feel the little kicks but now I can feel the whole baby wiggle in there. :) So fun! And it's so active that when it's moving and I look at my belly I can see it move!(even without pulling my shirt up to take a look!) Derek has been feeling the kicks for a while, and even watching it, but last night the baby was doing somersaults or something (having its own little mosh pit perhaps!) in there and he could feel the whole baby squirming all around! We're enjoying this so much!

4 comments:

  1. Haha-I like the cartoon :) It's so much fun to feel all those movements. You're looking so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half-way...yea!! The cartoon is funny! Thought you would like to know that your voting system isn't accurate - Mom told me she voted twice! She's thinking girl:) I still sticking with boy, but I'm so torn...first-born boys are neat (that big brother thing!), but Jaedyn wants a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheri's cheating?!?! :) I voted for a girl, don't know why!! Amy, do you have any of that "intuition"? I never did but some swear they do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching your belly grow! You look great! I agree with your mom. I think it's a girl......

    ReplyDelete