April 22, 2014

My Day

My birthday was the 10th of April.  It was a mostly routine day, with the added fun of wishes from family and friends.  And a package showed up that was a gift from Derek (and the boys).  Derek came home for lunch that day so had me open it then.

It was a fun basket filled with pampering things that included bubble bath and a bath bomb.
The bath bomb was very intriguing to my boys. 

This was the day Trey was visiting, so he'd hand delivered gifts from my Mleynek family. 

My mother-in-law got me this... and I love it!

Trey spent the afternoon at work with Derek shadowing a few people and then had his interview.  I made Pad Thai for dinner... one of my favorites.  (recipe)

Trey hadn't tried it before, and opted for a fork over chop sticks.
He also had three helpings, so I think he liked it.  :)

 After dinner we went to Cooper's soccer practice.

And then to "The Spotted Cow" for some birthday ice cream!

Our friends, the Downings, met us there to join the fun.
 

 Cooper likes any excuse to hang with his friend Ethan.
Chocolate chip mint ice cream was just a bonus. 

Miles picked grape ice cream.
...and ate it all.

It was a fun little birthday treat with some of my favorite people.


Then back at home, Derek did all the dinner dishes we'd run out on to get to soccer practice on time.

....while I took a bubble bath.  Perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment