December 13, 2017

Thinking of Thankfulness

Since Derek had just been in Kansas hunting, and since our boys are in public school now, we decided we wouldn't make the trip (back) to Kansas for Thanksgiving this year.  But that week was still exciting for us... Monday was Grandparent's Day at school.  Grandma Pam went to the program and then visited the boys' classrooms. 

They loved having her there and we're so thankful she could fill that role for us! 💕

Miles also wrote this paper that week at school.   He was actually embarrassed when he found out I posted it to my Instagram account, because of all the spelling errors.  He said that he panicked when he only had three minutes to write it. :)  Still proud of him, I thought it was sweet ...and he is typically an excellent speller. 

He also drew this and brought it home! 😂

While the boys finished up a short week at school, Owen and I went to the store to do our prep.

Traditional Thanksgiving dinner was on the menu, turkey and all.

There have been very few holidays that I've had to cook the turkey myself.   I might have called my Mom more than once for advice...    but this one was pretty good too.  :)

Though our turkey looked more like this in real life. 

And finally...  Thanksgiving break began!   The first evening, we decided to play a board game.  

Owen didn't play, but we asked him to take a photo.  
He took this.

And this.   oh well.   hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment