February 23, 2017

Cooper's Birthday

At some point in the past few years, I hung streamers over the boys' bedroom door for a birthday morning surprise.  Ever since, the boy who isn't having a birthday reminds me to hang the streamers. So the night before Cooper's birthday, I talked Derek into helping me hang the streamers.  He's tall and is a great teammate. :)

Cooper did, in fact, love that they were there, along with a balloon, when he woke up on his NINTH birthday.

And you can probably guess who else loved that they were there...

Yup! Owen. He ran through them several times right away.

Derek goes to a (very) early Men's Bible study on Thursday mornings.  Sometime he goes right to work after, but since it was Coop's birthday he came back home first. The boys saw him arriving... 

And he came home with a little surprise!

Birthday Donuts!
(From Carl's Bakery, for any locals... YUM!)

Then we all went about our daily activities...  which that day included digging out random birthday candles. Oops. 

And making a birthday cake.  I didn't level off the cake before I frosted it and it cracked.  Oops. 

Who even cares how it looks when it's Great Grandma Gray's frosting though...  ha.
(I use real butter)  (The Gray's are where Owen's middle name comes from.)


No comments:

Post a Comment