February 22, 2017

Beloved Binkies

If you've followed our lives via this blog or other social media outlet, you're well aware that Owen really, really likes his binkies.  💙

He likes to have a lot of them around when he sleeps, typically having one in his mouth and at least one in each hand, if not three.

After our Christmas road trip, we implemented a new "Binkies Belong in Bed" rule.  I made a pouch that hangs on the crib rail, and that is where the binkies go when Owen gets out of bed.

This sometimes means he doesn't want to get right out of bed when he wakes up though.

He needs a few more minutes with his binkies before the seperatition.

And that's fine with me. 

Sometimes I hear him awake and go in to get him but he looks at me like this...

And gives a knowing smirk.

He knows it's time to put them away.

He caught onto and accepted the new rule quickly and easily.  He either hands me the binkies, or puts them in the pouch himself before wanting out of his crib.

But when it's time to sleep, you can guarantee they're all in use.




He asks to go 'night night' when he's tired.  But sometimes I wonder if he just needs some binky time.

And when he sees me taking his photo, he takes them out to smile. :)

I suspect wanting his binkies had something to do with the event the other night:
We thought he was just playing in his room, but he was in his crib!

I was shocked when Derek looked into his room and told me he was in bed! haha.

He is a great sleeper, and does often take 3-4 hour naps after asking to get in bed.  And once in a while I forgo the rule for a few minutes.  Like last week when everyone had icky tummies and we snuggled on the couch.  Of course, he pushes the limits of breaking the rules...

But it only took a few minutes and he was out... 

😍 Binkys 😍

1 comment: