August 29, 2016

Rio 2016

We're big fans of the olympics!  Well, I try my best to pass along my love for the competition to my kiddos.  Derek plays nice and enjoys it along with us. :) 

I excitedly sat Owen down to see his first Olympics.

He soon joined his brothers on the couch. (with snacks)

It didn't take long before they were all getting into it.  They make a great cheering section!

Some nights we didn't let the boys stay up as late, so they caught the end of some swimming between brushing teeth and getting in bed.

The first week of events was the week Derek was gone, so I let them stay up pretty late to watch.  We had our bedtime snacks (and a few meals) in the family room.

...being amazed at the athletes and their talent. 

And snuggling on the couch.

We even moved our American flag to hang above the tv... just to show our support. ha.

We had the little tv on in the kitchen during the day, which is unusual...  But I've successfully passed along the Olympic fever!  (and some of the more unique events were on during the day.)

We had Olympics on the brain, for sure... I caught Cooper using a 'balance beam' in the library parking lot. 

We enjoyed some late nights and 'quality' time during the last days of our summer.

Then before we knew it, we were watching the closing ceremony.

Until next time, Olympics.  We'll be anxiously waiting to se you again.


No comments:

Post a Comment