August 3, 2015

Five Minus Two Equals Three

A couple weeks ago, Derek went back to Iowa to help with his Great Uncle's sale/auction.  He took Cooper along which left me at home with Miles and Owen for the weekend.  Since we had a gift card to Panera, we decided to eat dinner out the first night they were gone.
We took a selfie while we waited for our food.

Miles had never been to Panera before, but loved their mac & cheese.
Not as much as he loved the pager to let us know our food was ready though!

While we were out, we went to Target and browsed around.

Where Miles decided these little toys should be on his birthday list.

And I decided that Miles talks all.the.time.non.stop when Cooper isn't around! Ha.  It was fun to get his uninterrupted perspective on things.  Often. :)

Back at home I told Miles he could choose what to do next.
He chose a game of memory.

He beat me and took a photo to prove it.
(Raising them right, that's what I say)

The next morning Miles cuddled Owen while I got dressed.

Then we had friends come for haircuts.
Miles took this photo of Owen meeting Eric for the first time.

Then they took Miles with them to a local carnival.
He, among other games, took a turn at the dunk tank.

While Owen and I relaxed at home.

At bedtime, Miles request was to watch a movie in my bed.
Always something they like to do when one parent is gone.

While getting ourselves ready for church the next morning Miles asked me if he could please wear flip flop because, "Those other shoes feel like a scorpion bite!"!  haha.  Always bugs with this one.

I made it to church solo with two boys.
Owen did great and seemed to enjoy the sermon. :)

Which is good since it was our friend, Isaac, preaching that day. Ha.

After church, we went out for lunch. A special treat.

Although next time we go to Five Guys, I'll skip ordering Miles a burger.
He ate everything, but I think he would have been happy with just the free peanuts!

Then we went home and waited for Cooper and Daddy to get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment