October 31, 2014

At the Dentist - the Sequel

Turns out, at Cooper's dentist appointment, his x-rays revealed two cavities that needed filled.  So about a week later, back to the dentist we went.  Cooper didn't mind, he wanted to play with this thing in the waiting room again.

Soon we went back and he got all ready.  He was more excited than nervous... what?

While we waited for the dentist, Cooper noticed this bottle of Listerine.
He was so impressed with it's size! ha.

The dentist came in and showed Cooper all the instruments he'd be using.  He went into so much detail about each one, I thought we'd never get around to the fillings... but Cooper enjoyed all the explanations.  The one intentionally left out of the demonstration was this one:

Until after he finished... then he held it up and said, "I just gave you a huge shot, dude!"!

Cooper had no idea and it didn't bother him at all.  We waited for Cooper to get numb and then quickly got two fillings put in.  It all went a lot faster than the explanation of tools.

And just like that, we were outta there!

What a champ!

3 comments:

  1. I can relate to this post. I always feared going to the dentist as a child. I still hate going to the dentist as an adult. Fillings are no fun, but I am glad that Cooper's visit went a lot better than expected. Things have to turn out a lot better than we expect them to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son was definitely a trooper at the dentist. I love how he was interested in the size of the Listerine bottle. It was smart of the dentist to wait until after he numbed him to tell him he gave him a shot. I probably would have freaked out as a child if I knew I had to get a huge shot in my gum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooper and my son should be friends! They are both fearless. We had to take Ben to the dentist for a filling recently, and I was a nervous wreck. Not Ben. He stayed cool, calm and collected through the entire procedure. It turned out to be quick, and really didn't bother him. Little boys are so much braver than their moms.

    Cynthia Bowers @ Bay Area TMJ And Sleep

    ReplyDelete